What Has Happen To the World, Why, Where Are We Going, and How Should Christians Respond?
Brannon begins this presentation by sharing the five consequences a nation suffers that rejects God over and over as described in Romans chapter one. One of the consequences is that the nation is filled with people and leaders that change the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man. What false gods are now embraced in America and the world and by which false religions? Who are these people really worshipping as described in God’s Word. What Scripture reveals that God does turn people over to a strong spiritual delusion as part of His judgment? Where in the Scriptures do we see the increase of false teachers and their demonic manipulation as part of God’s judgment? Why are so many people embracing false teachers and false teaching according to Romans chapter one? What warning does God’s Word give in regards to how Christians are to respond to false teachers? What are some of the signs that God is turning the entire globe over for judgment? What does Revelation 17 describe as the culmination of this global, rebellious spiritual revival and delusion? What were some of the philosophies and religious beliefs that were embraced by the false church in Nazi Germany? How did this false church lay the foundation for Hitler? What are some of the philosophies and religious beliefs of a growing, global false church? How will this global false church lay the foundation for a coming one-world religion and the antichrist? How can Christians use God’s national and global judgment as a platform for the gospel? How should Christians protect the gospel and the church during these times? Why can this be a great hour for the true church? Why should Christians be confident, joyful, and optimistic in today’s world?
Brannon’s text will include: Romans 1, I Corinthians 10:20, 2 Thessalonians 2:11, I Kings 22:19-23, 2 John 9-11, Romans 16:17, Acts 20:28-31, Revelation 17, 2 Corinthians 4:16-28, 2 Corinthians 4:8-9, 11:13-14, I John 2:15-16, 2 Timothy 1:8, 1:12, 2:3, 4:5, 4:7-8,
Twenty Characteristics of False Teachers Embraced By The False Church
In this fast past presentation Brannon gives twenty characteristics of false teachers as described in God’s Word. Brannon gives a Biblical reference for each characteristic. How can you protect yourself, your family, your friends, and your church if you do not know how to identify false teachers? Romans 16:17 instructs true believers to “mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.” This presentation will equip you with the facts you need to contend earnestly for the faith against false teachers as commanded in Jude 3-4, Acts 20:28-31. With each of these twenty characteristics, Brannon not only provides a Scriptural basis, but he also provides compelling examples of how each of these characteristics are easily visible among the false teachers of today’s evangelicalism. Brannon gives examples of how and why many of today’s biggest false teachers are now enthusiastically embraced by many of today’s most popular “evangelical” leaders and pro-family organizations. The twenty characteristics that Brannon has compiled from extensive Biblical study include:
- False teachers are insincere and use God’s word for personal gain.
- False teachers appeal to the flesh and sin nature of people in order to build their following.
- False teachers deliberately take Scripture out of context to attract a following.
- False teachers have a form of godliness but deny God.
- False teachers openly reject truth.
- False teachers willingly embrace unbiblical philosophies.
- False teachers are arrogant and self-righteous.
- False teachers embrace mysticism.
- False teachers sound educated and speak with persuasive words but they speak error.
- False teachers are flippant in their attitude and dealings with demons.
- False teachers promise liberty or freedom from spiritual bondage but they are themselves in bondage as children and servants of Satan.
- False teachers have heard the gospel but reject it.
- False teachers embrace moralizing.
- False teachers rise from within the church and others seek to infiltrate the true church.
- False teachers cause personal and doctrinal division within the church.
- False teachers preach a different Jesus and demons can take on the form of their false god.
- Some false teachers preform signs and wonders through demonic power.
- False teachers are part of God’s judgment on a people and nation.
- False teachers can be a test from God to our faithfulness and to reveal true and false converts.
- False teachers deny the deity of Jesus Christ.
The Evidence For a World-Wide Flood by Dr. John Whitcomb
In this informative presentation, author and theologian Dr. John Whitcomb shows how the evidence that we see in the natural world aligns with Biblical statements regarding the status of the earth's surface following the Noahic Flood.
Dr. Whitcomb, an Old Testament scholar for more than 60 years and the co-author with the late Dr. Henry Morris of "The Genesis Flood," gives insights into a number of passages that shed light on the greatest universal catastrophe that the world has yet seen. This talk will engage your heart and mind with the truth of Scripture on this vital subject. Learn from one of the founders of the modern Biblical creationism movement--Dr. John Whitcomb.
What Makes the Bible a Special Book?
By Dr. Jerry Vines
Text: Hebrews 4:12-13:
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
I. The Bible is such a LIVING Book
II. The Bible is such an ENERGETIC Book.
III. The Bible is such a PENETRATING Book.
Have You Heard the Good News?
Text: I Corinthians 15:1-8:
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.
I. The CRUCIFIXION of Christ.
II. The RESURRECTION of Christ.
About Dr. Jerry Vines:
Rome’s Strategy for a One World Religion
Proclaiming the message of God’s love from John 3:16 has been the nutshell of Jerry Vines’ ministry for over 50 years. Dr. Jerry Vines is a native of Carrollton, Georgia. He was educated at Mercer University (B.A.), New Orleans Theological Seminary (B.D.), and Luther Rice Seminary, (Th.D.). He was elected President of the Alabama Pastors' Conference in 1976, President of the Southern Baptist Pastors' Conference for 1976 -1977. He also served two terms as President of the Southern Baptist Convention from 1988 - 1989. Dr. Vines accepted the call to be pastor at First Baptist Church, Jacksonville, Florida, in July 1982 and retired from the pastorate in February of 2006.
By Mike Gendron
Many people are unaware of the well-defined strategy the Roman Catholic religion is using to unite all people under the power and influence of the pope. Prophecies from Catholic saints and mystics foretell of a pope who will convert the world to Catholicism making it the only religion. A great Catholic monarch will rule the whole world and together with the pope they will usher in a period of enlightenment, peace and prosperity.
Rome's strategy for a global religion includes:
1) proclaim all roads lead to Rome and urge “separated brethren” to come home for the fullness of salvation; 2) use postmodernism to make doctrines ambiguous, vague and acceptable to all; 3) beguile and confuse protestants with Catholic mystics and contemplative spirituality; 4) seduce highly visible evangelicals to promote Catholicism as a valid expression of Christianity; and 5) use messages from apparitions of Mary, along with other signs and wonders, to unite all people for world peace.
Every Christian needs to put on the armor of God and fight the good fight of faith against the powers of darkness. This message will help prepare them for the spiritual battles they will face.
About Mike Gendron:
For 34 years Evangelist Mike Gendron was a devout Roman Catholic and a strong defender of the "one true church." In 1981, at an evangelistic seminar, Mike heard for the first time that salvation is not by works or sacraments but by grace through faith in Jesus Christ! He also discovered the Bible must become his authority in all matters of faith. After graduating from Dallas Theological Seminary in 1991, Mike began this ministry to reach the many Catholics who are where he was for most of his life - believing he was heaven-bound but, in reality, destined for a Christ-less eternity. Mike in recognized internationally as being gifted at lovingly explaining the false teaching of the Church of Rome and why their doctrines are wrong according to the Word of God. Mike’s presentation will give you the Biblical truth you need to lovingly contend for the faith as you share the gospel with your family and friends that are deceived by the Church of Rome.
When The King Tolerates Antichrist
By Dr. Erwin Lutzer
The word antichrist has mystery and intrigue. In this presentation Dr. Lutzer covers the short-lived career of the Antichrist and his ultimate destruction by the King of Kings, The Lord Jesus Christ.
1. He will arise out of a revived Roman Empire (Daniel 7: 7,8)
2. He makes a peace covenant with Israel, which he breaks (Daniel 9:27)
3. He has a miraculous recovery from a fatal wound (Revelation 13:1-4)
4. He uses fear to control the world (Rev 13: 5-18)
5. He is defeated by Christ at the Glorious Return (Rev 19: 19-21)
When the King Returns to Reign
By Dr. Erwin Lutzer
When Jesus returns to reign, the world and even the entire universe, will never be the same again. Why will He return? To (1) judge the world, (2) to save a Jewish remnant and to (3) usher in the millennial kingdom. Antichrist will be in the height of his reign and the battle of Armageddon in progress when Christ Returns in glory:
1. His return will be a spectacular event (Zech 14:1-4)
2. His return will be a world-wide event (Matthew 24:29-31)
3. His return will be a spectacular event (Revelation 19:11-21)
Dr. Lutzer concludes this powerful and encouraging presentation with how the lessons we learn are transforming our lives for God’s ultimate glory and purpose.
About Dr. Erwin Lutzer:
Exposing The Ongoing War Against the Bible and The Counter Reformation of the Jesuit Order
Dr. Erwin W. Lutzer, Senior Pastor of The Moody Church since 1980, was born and reared near Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. He is an award-winning author of more than twenty books, a celebrated international conference speaker, and the featured speaker on three radio programs.
By Chris Pinto
Throughout the Middle Ages, the Papal Inquisition forbade biblical translation, threatening imprisonment and death to those who disobeyed. Learn the stories of valiant warriors of the faith, such as John Wycliffe, William Tyndale, Martin Luther, the ancient Waldenses, Albigenses and others who hazarded their lives for the sake of sharing the Gospel light with a world drowning in darkness.
Once the common people were able to read the Bible, the world was turned upside down through the Protestant Reformation. The Reformers subdued whole kingdoms by preaching the grace of God, and exposing the unbiblical doctrines of Rome. In response, the Vatican would launch a Counter Reformation to destroy the work of the Reformers, including the bibles they produced.
As the Reformation spread across Europe, the Vatican responded by commissioning a new order of priests, known as the Society of Jesus,or Jesuits. They would launch a Counter Reformation, designed to overturn what the Reformers had done, and bring the world back under the power of Rome.
While many Christians and Americans in today's world are largely unaware, Rome's long war against Christians, the Bible, and the true Gospel continues to this day. The ongoing Counter Reformation is the key to understanding modern world events.
The Unbiblical Worldview of Some of America’s Most Popular Founding Fathers and How Today’s “Patriotic Faith” is an Assault on the Gospel
By Chris Pinto
In this presentation, Chris Pinto explores the controversial beliefs of America’s founders. It is generally accepted that the Pilgrims and Puritans were Christian people who established 13 colonies dedicated to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. But what about the American Revolutionaries who arrived 150 years later? Conservative Christian leaders often claim they were godly men who were trying to build a Christian nation. But was their faith the true faith of the Bible? Or is it possible that the exact opposite is true?
The real questions are: What did the founders believe about the Lord Jesus Christ? Christianity begins with faith in the Person of Christ Himself: what did the founders think of Him? What did they think of the Gospel? Were they fighting for Christianity, or against it?
Included in this presentation:
1) Thomas Paine – the man who inspired the American Revolution, and the writing of the Declaration of Independence. This film shows how Paine’s influence over the Revolution was critical, while his anti-Christian writings revealed much of what the other founders truly believed.
2) Thomas Jefferson -- author of the Declaration of Independence. Jefferson said the Book of Revelation was “the ravings of a maniac” and that the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles were full of “imposture” and “stupidity.” Once his private papers were published, Jefferson was called “the reviler of Christ and His cause” by a leading clergyman.
3) Benjamin Franklin -- the only man to sign all of the original founding documents. Franklin was part of a radical occult group known as “The Hellfire Club. Shortly before he died, he openly stated that he did not believe the Gospel.
4) John Adams -- the second President of the United States. The evidence shows that Adams was no Christian at all, but rather exalted pagan beliefs about God, while abhorring the Gospel, calling it an “awful blasphemy.”
5) George Washington -- known as “the Father of our country.” Three of Washington’s own pastors doubted his faith in Christ. Proof is shown that he went to war, not for Christianity, but for a “universal” system that would embrace all religions. When compelled by the clergy to confess his faith in Christ, Washington refused.
6) The doctrine of universal toleration: was it intended as the instrument of liberty? Or as a weapon to be used against Christianity?
7) The real Christian history of America: this presentation will show that America was truly founded to proclaim the Gospel, but its original purpose was hijacked in the immediate aftermath of the American Revolution. The greatest evidence that we are living in the last days by Dr. Jimmy DeYoung
The world today is changing from moment to moment and if we are to have a proper worldview it must not only be based on the Word of God, but also the passages in the scriptures that lay out for us the end of time scenario that God wants us all to know and understand in these days.
In the Middle East we can see many geopolitical events happening that seem to be setting the stage for Bible Prophecy to be fulfilled. There is an alignment of the Middle Eastern nations, the Arab and the Muslim nations, that are forming a co-olation that is making ready to attack the Jewish state of Israel.
At the same time there are other nations that are working to bring peace to the Middle East, even as the conflict only intensifies. With the withdrawal of the American soldiers from Iraq in December of 2011 we see the insurgency getting stronger in Iraq as the war-torn nations tries to rebuild.
But most significant in the evidence that helps us to know that we are living in the last days is the fact that while all of these activities are happening around the Jewish people in Israel they are working to make all preparations for the building of the next Jewish Temple to be built on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. There is only one thing for the Jewish people to do before they can build the next Temple, they must clear off the location where the Temple will be built, the Temple Mount must be cleared of any buildings that stand there today. All other preparations have been made and the Jews are ready to rebuild the Temple.
Heaven: today, tomorrow and forever by Dr. Jimmy DeYoung
There are a number of books that have been written recently about the subject of "heaven". I have read most of them and I have some concerns that these books include some ideas that don't seem to jell with the book that is the authority on "heaven", the Bible. We will look at what the Bible says about Heaven, today, tomorrow and forever.
Revelation 4-5 gives a "window" that allows us to look into the third Heaven and it is revealing what one can see that in happening there today. It will be surprising to see that Jesus is not seated on the "throne" in the Third Heaven. We shall answer the question, "Who is seated on the Throne in the Third Heaven today?"
What about Heaven tomorrow, will it still be in the area of the Third Heaven or will it be on the Earth. If it is on the Earth who will be in the Third Heaven? Will the "Lord's Prayer" be answered in the Kingdom to come? These are all questions that deal with Heaven Tomorrow.
The book of Revelation deals with Heaven Forever and where God and Jesus will be located in eternity future. Revelation 21-22 have all the details and will even give us what we need to know about what we will be doing for eternity and what our job description will be forever. This is a study you do not want to miss.
The Duty of Discernment by Justin Peters
Biblical discernment is one of the most important disciplines in a believer's life and yet is sorely lacking in the professing church today. The Apostle Paul warned his readers not to be like "children tossed to and fro, carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men (Eph. 4:14)." In this presentation, Justin Peters provides the definition of, precedence for, and importance of biblical discernment. The dangers of not practicing biblical discernment cannot be overstated, but neither can be the rewards when we do. The Duty of Discernment will help equip you to be a good Berean and "search the scriptures" (Acts 17:11) to see whether or not what you are hearing plumbs with God's Word.
The Word-Faith Movement Exposed by Justin Peters
The Word-Faith movement, more commonly known as the Health and Wealth Gospel, is the face not only of much of American "Christianity," but also that of the world. American Prosperity preachers such as Benny Hinn, Kenneth and Gloria Copeland, and Joel Osteen present a false gospel that promises people financial prosperity and guaranteed divine physical healing provided that they have enough faith and give enough money to their respective ministries. This movement, rooted in the metaphysical cults, not only promises health and wealth, but also distorts many of the fundamental tenets of historical Christianity. In this session, Justin Peters outlines some of the major heresies of the so-called "Prosperity Gospel" as he brings to bear the burden of Scripture upon the claims and teachings of some of today's most popular wolves in sheep's clothing.